Friday, October 16, 2009

BOOK: Green ~ By Ted Dekker

With what I had heard about Ted Dekker being amazing, the book “Green” which was my first Dekker book, was kind of a disappointment. The idea of a book being a prequel and a sequel making a circular series really appealed to me. However, “Green” seemed like a whole bunch of confusion that did not go together.


I say it was confusing because Dekker takes us from the future, then to the past that is really the present that is really the past. There are also too many main characters for my liking. Aside from the confusion, he appears fascinated with blood, and adds in a vampire theme that was not appealing at all. The vampire theme is what ultimately ruined the book for me. It would have been a much better novel without it.

While I enjoy fiction that takes me deep, I do not appreciate highly graphic scenes, and this book has several. It churned my stomach at times. However, I would be willing to give this author another shot with another story. “Green” didn’t really endear the rest of the circle series to me though. If I read him again it would be a completely different series.

0 comments: