Friday, October 30, 2009

BOOK: Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World ~ Dr David Jeremiah


I was very interested in reading Dr David Jeremiah's work as I had heard plenty of good things about him. I was kind of disappointed in this book in the end. If it had been a book of inspirational stories, it would have been fantastic and would have been a job well done. He had so many inspirational stories in it that it made it feel like it was an anthology of inspirational stories and nothing more.

The book was ok, and it raised some good points. However, I'm a deep and meaningful kind of person, and I felt that all the stuff he was saying was just scratching the surface, and was something that a person with common sense already knows. I was hoping for a book that would make me think, not a book that would make me yawn. It was a tough book to get into simply because it lacked the substance I expected.

I know the end times are real, and books about it are as valid as any other book, but I look for something, fresh, new, deep and meaningful. Otherwise, like this book, it is not worth the time it took to read.

0 comments: